Wonder Woman Of Jewelery In Thiruvananthapuram

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Making handmade jewelery may be a hobby for many but creating a niche of their own in the jewelery designing section is something followed by a few people. A techie by profession Smitha Indira is creating waves with her beaded wonders through her brand "Smingry Jewels".It has been nine years since Smitha has been into jewelery designing. She is probably one of those very few who took time from their busy schedule to follow their dreams.

“I started making jewellery as a hobby where I initially made small earrings using beads watching "YouTube Videos". One of my friends saw my designs and encouraged me to work more on it.
Smitha uses a wide array of materials such as Wooden Beads, Glass, Crystal and imported rubberised beads through which she makes fabulous designs.

Procuring materials is a more difficult task than actually designing the jewellery. She usually imports beads from abroad and from northern states. For the past two years, she makes "customised jewellery". The customisation depends on something that can be paired with the customer's attire. Sometimes she even sources antique jewelery from Mumbai and Chennai and does modifications on it to suit her customer’s taste.

Having an online store Smitha knows to juggle her career and passion smoothly. What makes her stand at par with the competitors in the market is the quality of her handmade jewellery. The success of my business depends on how I make my products. If it was only about business, then I don’t think I can continue in the long run. I always make the products just as I make them for myself.

This is why I only choose the best quality beads in my products,” she says. She has also proved her mettle in mural and glass painting apart from jewellery designing. She has displayed her designs in exhibitions held in Technopark.

1 comment: